Changing click track tempo throuout song

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sickstring04

Changing click track tempo throuout song

Post by sickstring04 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:29 am

Hi I'm new to Auria and I'm wondering if there is a way to set up a click track and change the tempo of the click throuought the song? If not what are some ways that some of you accomplished this? Thanks for any input

Chris M
Expert

Re: Changing click track tempo throuout song

Post by Chris M » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:42 am

Hello,

This is currently not a option in Auria, but it is on our list of potential features for future updates.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

sickstring04

Post by sickstring04 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I hope that'll be part of an update soon. It seems to be that Auria does everything except that!! I mostly record metal bands and there are always tempo changes all throughout the songs so I would think that this would be a necessity to be able to accomplished. Anyway, it's an amazing app and I can't wait to do more with it. I just hope that that'll be something that gets added into an update soon. Thanks again. If anyone has an easy way to accomplish the tempo change please chime in. I feel like I can do everything with this app except that!! Thank you

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:36 pm

You could create a click track manually on a track by determining the tempo for each section and record the correct tempo using an external app like DM-1. I've done this. It's difficult, and you won't have bars to line up with, but you will be able to use the click track to locate parts for editing.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Or go with the more caveman approach and play a metronome app on your smartphone outloud while you record it on your iPad with the builtin mic. It's tricky but I had to do this since I'm producing a progressive rock album and Auria didn't have ths feature when I started.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:11 pm

drock wrote:Or go with the more caveman approach and play a metronome app on your smartphone outloud while you record it on your iPad with the builtin mic. It's tricky but I had to do this since I'm producing a progressive rock album and Auria didn't have ths feature when I started.
Yeah, but he said "metal bands". It would have to be a frikkin' loud click. :wink:
I've recorded a lot of metal bands back when I lived down in Orange County, (90's) and a click track was, OUT OF THE QUESTION.
:mrgreen:

One funny thing about metal guitarists, (and there are many funny things about metal guitarists) is you usually end up using the first lead take, because they just get worse from there on out.
Very few could play the same lead repeatedly, but those that did were just amazing, and usually were pretty cool dudes... (and one girl who put them all to shame)
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:49 pm

An option to set different time signatures would also be great.
I write a lot of songs that move between 3/4 and 4/4 so the high pitch click doesn't stay on the first beat of the bar when the time signature changes.

If that's not possible could there be an option to turn off the metronome's two pitch click so that every click is the same pitch?

studiofilo

Post by studiofilo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi guys, i'm a drummer and i would like to use auria to monitor on stage and listen to click track and backing tracks.
Which of the small interfaces can i use? Could be enought 2i2 scarlett or avid fast track duo? Is it possible to route click track, monitor and stereo tracks to headphones and only stereo tracks to main out? Best regards, filo

RuivoRamos

Post by RuivoRamos » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:25 pm

Hello folks, is the tempo change feature during music already available? I can not find a confirmation of this