recording live into AudioShare

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tyson

recording live into AudioShare

Post by tyson » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello,

I'm new to Auria and haven't been able to figure out something simple: how do I record the live output of Auria into AudioShare? I've tried setting up Auria as the input in Audiobus, with each of the possible outputs selected (Master, Sub 1, etc.), and AudioShare as the output. If I play a track in Auria (with Audiobus settings selected), I can hear it and see the levels on Master and Sub 1, but for some reason no sound is reaching AudioShare, or anything else in Audiobus. I'm stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tyson

P.S. I'm running Auria LE on an iPad Air 2.
Last edited by tyson on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Washboy
Expert

Re: recording live into AudioShare

Post by Washboy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:23 pm

I've just tested this for you and it does work.

1) I selected Auria (Master) as Audiobus Input and AudioShare as Audiobus Output.
2) After tapping to launch the two apps within Audiobus, I switched to Auria.
3) I then tapped the AudioShare 'Rec' button of the Audiobus Control Panel and then the Auria 'Play' button.
4) When I'd recorded enough, I tapped the AudioShare 'Rec' button of the Audiobus Control Panel and then the Auria 'Stop' button.

I could have controlled things from the AudioShare side by switching to AudioShare at step 2. In that case I would have opened the AudioShare Recorder (the red microphone icon at bottom left of screen) and used the AudioShare 'Record/Stop' button to start and stop recording, combined with the Auria 'Play/Pause' button of the Audiobus Control Panel.

I do hope that makes sense.

tyson

Post by tyson » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks very much for your help, and it makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to be working on my end. I reinstalled Auria and that didn't work either. Is there any chance this is is a problem with Auria LE which has been sorted out in the full version? I found a thread on an Audiobus forum from last year (http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1188/ ... tedwave/p1) where people were having similar problems, and I thought my issue might be related.

Thanks,

Tyson

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:00 pm

I have to admit that I have the full Auria (not LE and not upgraded from LE) but I don't think that old thread would still be appropriate now. However, I reckon it would be wise to wait for @Rim (the developer) to comment on Auria LE's AudioBus compatibility.

Can you confirm that your iPad Air2 is on iOS v8.1.2? Which version of AudioBus are you on?

One last thought; do you make sure that all apps are killed (double-press the iPad's HOME button and then swipe up every open app) before loading AudioBus?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:58 am

Auria and Auria LE have the same Audiobus functionality.

Rim

tyson

Post by tyson » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:29 am

I just checked, and I do have the latest versions of iOS and Audiobus. I'm able to get audio into Auria from AudioShare via Audiobus and IAA, but for some reason can't get audio output from Auria. (A bit of a tongue-twister.) I'll keep trying.

Thank you,

Tyson

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:20 pm

If you control Auria from the AudioShare side of things (as I mentioned earlier) does your AudioShare look like this before playback?:
image.jpg
AudioShare w/ Auria as AB Input
image.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 6374 times
And like this, having tapped the Auria 'Play' button on the AudioBus control panel?:
image.jpg
AudioShare monitoring Auria playback via AB.
image.jpg (42.58 KiB) Viewed 6374 times

tyson

Post by tyson » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi,

The first picture looks exactly like my screen before playback. Unfortunately, it also looks exactly like my screen after playback too - no change in the meter at all. If I add any other app with Audiobus output, I instantly get meter readings like in the second picture.

I've tried reinstalling Auria a second time and simply playing the demo track (with the Audiobus setting on in Auria) in case I had accidentally screwed up some setting before. Still no luck.

I really appreciate the help, but it seems I just have some mysterious anomaly.

Thank you,

Tyson

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:55 pm

It has me stumped too! :oops:

So, unless @Rim can throw any light on the problem... :cry:

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi Tyson,
I followed your process step by step, and I seem to have no problem metering the output of Auria into AudioShare.
A few things to double check:
-In Auria, do you have the main output going through the Master outs (Menu > Output Matrix > 1/2 are lit up)?
-When looking at the faders in Auria, is the Master fader (all the way to the right) turned up and metering signal during playback?
-In AudioShare, with Auria playing back, looking at the recorder, is that fader all the way up (0.0dB)?

Corey

tyson

Post by tyson » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:09 am

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked, and both the Auria and AudioShare faders are turned up. Since I'm using Auria LE, I don't have the output matrix, but the sound does seem to be going through the master out (i.e. the meters are moving on the output labeled Master on Auria. I'm very tempted to upgrade to the full Auria to see if that solves the problem, since it seems to be working perfectly for you guys. In any case, thanks again for the help.

Cheers,

Tyson

tyson

Post by tyson » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:50 am

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to let you know that I decided to try upgrading the the full Auria, and that instantly fixed the problem I was having getting the sound to AudioShare. Thanks to everyone for your help, and I hope you all had a merry and musical Christmas.

Thanks again,

Tyson