update question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tivoli

update question

Post by Tivoli » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:58 am

Am I right that it isn't possible to get the discount for Auria Pro with the old version of Auria installed?

I don't want to update my 'old' Auria because I *so much love* the look of that old interface. Must be my age :roll:
So I would like to keep running my 'old' Auria next to Auria Pro. I can't get myself to update Auria knowing I will never see that interface again.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: update question

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:59 am

Yes, that's true. The only way to solve this is to buy the full version of Auria Pro. Then you'll have the original Auria with the old interface and Auria Pro on your iPad.

Rim

Tivoli

Post by Tivoli » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:08 am

Another Apple store problem?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:24 am

Apple has very strict rules about how apps are installed and upgraded.

Rim

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:35 am

Tivoli wrote:Am I right that it isn't possible to get the discount for Auria Pro with the old version of Auria installed?

I don't want to update my 'old' Auria because I *so much love* the look of that old interface. Must be my age :roll:
So I would like to keep running my 'old' Auria next to Auria Pro. I can't get myself to update Auria knowing I will never see that interface again.

Hey Tivoli I felt exactly as you did- I love the vintage look also the lighter edit
window so I bought Auria Pro as a separate app. I also am closer in age to the
Beatles than the Beastie Boys but I'm finding myself getting used to the new
graphics pretty quickly and Auria does run more smoothly. I love watching the wave
forms generate whilst recording. Shouldn't be watching my fingers anyway right?
I believe I'll be upgrading when overloud gets fixed. I still have an ipad2 running
Auria1.11 on ios6.1 which I will fondly dust off from time to time in the museum
seasons cheer!
jp

Tivoli

Post by Tivoli » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:17 pm

pitzipado wrote: Hey Tivoli I felt exactly as you did- I love the vintage look also the lighter edit
window so I bought Auria Pro as a separate app. I also am closer in age to the
Beatles than the Beastie Boys but I'm finding myself getting used to the new
graphics pretty quickly and Auria does run more smoothly. I love watching the wave
forms generate whilst recording. Shouldn't be watching my fingers anyway right?
I believe I'll be upgrading when overloud gets fixed. I still have an ipad2 running
Auria1.11 on ios6.1 which I will fondly dust off from time to time in the museum
seasons cheer!
jp
Yes it must be our age. Although young master Rim did choose that look for Auria in the first place :wink:
I will be buying Auria Pro not to long from now. Can't resist it.
And like you I don't like that new dark color. I hope there will be an option in a future update for us Jedis to have the choice between the dark and light side of the Auria force.

rossFen
Expert

Post by rossFen » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Another fogey here. I got used to the darker interfaces. When Logic X came out, I hated the dark. Now I think I prefer it.

Tivoli

Post by Tivoli » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:13 am

rossFen wrote:Another fogey here. I got used to the darker interfaces. When Logic X came out, I hated the dark. Now I think I prefer it.
For me light is wonderful. I love the lighter old Logic Pro and Aperture and Auria.
Now it's dark Logic, Lightroom and Auria. Does that say something about the times we live in? I wonder....
In Photoshop the user can still change the interface color. A good thing I would like to see in more software. Can't be to difficult. Give the user the choice :idea:

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:42 am

I have updated my installed Auria to auria Pro. It's fun to play around with MIDI. Though importing midi-files, so far, seems to mess upp my project by changing it to (default?) 120 bpm. I guess I have to figure out if it's me or Auria, or that other app I'm using that has an issue here. I get three imported clips on separate timelines from one imported midifile.

Anyway, why is there a new Auria (i.e. Pro) version at all? Wouldn't Auria developement be easier to manage with just one version with the offered upgrade from within the app? Offering the LE version made sense by introducing the app for a lower cost as it came later than the regular version. I don't see the benefit from having a separate PRO path as everyone can upgrade anyway. Do they, or will they differ in the future?

By the way, I only use Pro-Q and Pro-C in a simple way. Using Air 2, will the "2" upgrade do me any good at all as the only benefit I see is less processor demanding algorithms?

I would like to see a mp3-export add-on in the Auria store.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:24 am

The MIDI file import issue with BPM changes is an identified bug, and is already fixed for the upcoming update, 2.03

Rim

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:26 am

Thank's Rim! ...I guess those other questions I had are not that important for me to get an answer to--Auria seems to work fine on the Air 2 anyway... I just skip the Fab-filter sales this time as I already have most everything already.

Merry x-mas.

Update (a few hours later):
...I just saw a mail about free midi loops. Thank's! Hope to use them soon...still the midi bug... :-)
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

rossFen
Expert

Post by rossFen » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:52 pm

Erik dP wrote: Anyway, why is there a new Auria (i.e. Pro) version at all? Wouldn't Auria developement be easier to manage with just one version with the offered upgrade from within the app? Offering the LE version made sense by introducing the app for a lower cost as it came later than the regular version. I don't see the benefit from having a separate PRO path as everyone can upgrade anyway. Do they, or will they differ in the future?
I can’t give an official answer, but I believe Auria and Auria Pro are two separate apps with two different prices that will be maintained separately. The upgrade was not an upgrade to the same app, but a discount on a new app for those who bought Auria. If you don’t need the Pro features, i.e. MIDI, Lyra & FabFilter synths, audio quantizing and warping, more sends, etc., Auria is a powerful DAW for audio still for sale that I assume will continue to be supported and updated as a separate app.

Whatever difficulty and confusion is caused can probably be blamed on Apple’s system. It puts a barrier between developer and buyer that sometimes forces the developer into a corner. I'm sure the easiest thing would have been to just offer Auria Pro with no discount.