Tera Synth midi out not recognized

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Soltec

Tera Synth midi out not recognized

Post by Soltec » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:30 pm

I'm using Virsyn Tera within Auria and I am unable to get Auria to record midi notes from Tera, playing it's own internal keyboard. I have Tera on midi channel 4 and in Auria I have the input set to network session on channel 4. In other synths (Like Nave) I can set the output to Auria specifically but I don't see this option for Tera, only midi channels. Auria is not hearing the notes from channel 4 via the network session. I also tried the Midi Bridge app but no luck.

Any suggestions to overcome this issue?

Thanks!

Custard Gannet
Expert

Re: Tera Synth midi out not recognized

Post by Custard Gannet » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:52 am

Did you manage to solve this issue?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:45 am

Despite what Tera Synth's MIDI Settings would imply, I don't believe its onscreen keyboard sends MIDI out at all. It's not that Auria isn't recording anything, it's that Tera Synth isn't sending out any data to be recorded! :wink:

The majority of iOS synths don't send MIDI out either, they just accept MIDI in (i.e. they can be 'played' by an external MIDI controller/keyboard or, perhaps, an iOS seuencer app or DAW).

There are some apps whose onscreen keyboards will output MIDI. A popular one is Animoog (but it requires an IAP to enable MIDI Out).

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:20 pm

Washboy wrote:Despite what Tera Synth's MIDI Settings would imply, I don't believe its onscreen keyboard sends MIDI out at all. It's not that Auria isn't recording anything, it's that Tera Synth isn't sending out any data to be recorded! :wink:

The majority of iOS synths don't send MIDI out either, they just accept MIDI in (i.e. they can be 'played' by an external MIDI controller/keyboard or, perhaps, an iOS seuencer app or DAW).

There are some apps whose onscreen keyboards will output MIDI. A popular one is Animoog (but it requires an IAP to enable MIDI Out).
Yeah you're right! Is there a hack?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Custard Gannet wrote:...Yeah you're right! Is there a hack?
A hack? That depends on why you wanted to use Tera's on-screen keyboard originally. I'd use an external keyboard myself but it would also be possible to use, say Animoog's on-screen keyboard (only because I mentioned it earlier), to send MIDI data to Auria. That same MIDI data would also 'play' Tera to create audio.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:04 am

Washboy wrote:
Custard Gannet wrote:...Yeah you're right! Is there a hack?
A hack? That depends on why you wanted to use Tera's on-screen keyboard originally. I'd use an external keyboard myself but it would also be possible to use, say Animoog's on-screen keyboard (only because I mentioned it earlier), to send MIDI data to Auria. That same MIDI data would also 'play' Tera to create audio.
I've got an external keyboard, but I don't always carry it with me. If I'm stood in a queue or in a taxi sometimes I'll bang out a track and using an midi controller just isn't convenient. Calm I'll give it a go, thanks! 8)