No sound on Auria 2.04

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Chriss

No sound on Auria 2.04

Post by Chriss » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:28 am

Dear all, since some time I am facing a problem which I could never fix.

I can get sound from the demo project. I can record tracks using my Focusrite Itrack dock. Unfortunatelly I can not get any playback of the recorded tracks. There is also no level indication as the head scrolls (mixer nor channel view). I have tryed a lot studying the output/input matrix but there is no change in comparing to the correctly playing demo project. It came to my mind if the problem could be connected to the fact, that I am trying to playback on the Ipad which is detached from the Focusrite dock. No idea where switch internal/ external soundcard preferences on project.

Thanks a lot for help!
Chriss

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: No sound on Auria 2.04

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:19 am

Things to check. Make sure that the Master is selected in the Ouptput Matrix. If your using Auria Pro than make sure the output of each track is set to Master L/R on the channel strips output selection tab. Cheers and good luck.

Chriss

Post by Chriss » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:51 am

Yeah, that is what I am talking about, please see the screenshots. No idea what could be wrong. Thanks. Chriss
IMG_0208.PNG
IMG_0207.PNG

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:47 pm

Perhaps your problem is that tracks 1 and 2 inputs are set to "Bus 1" but nothing appears to be feeding Bus 1. Try setting the those track inputs to "Track". You should hear something then. Do tracks 3 and 4 have any data?

Chriss

Post by Chriss » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Thanks a lot! That helped. I switched to Bus 1 while recording the tracks one by one, it was my first tryal ...I had no idea where to look after the signal from the inputs on the Focusrite dock. The other tracks (3,4) have nothing attached yet but now I hope I will be able to use them :-) Chriss

cpone

Post by cpone » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:02 am

I reached this page because I lost audio routing to the master channel and indeed it was turned off in the output matrix. Thanks for the answer. But I never went near the output matrix config screen so this implies the matrix can be configured in the interface. What might I have done that caused the master channel to be turned off? Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:47 pm

The output matrix can also be accessed through the output drop-down menu on the top of each channel. It's possible you accidentally clicked something there?

Rim