I need a smart person for this one ...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sukEEt
Expert

I need a smart person for this one ...

Post by sukEEt » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:59 pm

How do I use Thor or Magellan as a midi synth in Auria pro? They are not inter app ... Meh

TedBPhx
Expert

Re: I need a smart person for this one ...

Post by TedBPhx » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:48 pm

AudioBus will work.

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:57 pm

image.jpeg
like this

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:51 pm

I just recorded audio using Thor and Magellan as an IAA. It shows up no problem on the Available apps list, loaded no problem and recorded its audio onto an audio track in AuriaPro using the keyboard from Thor and Magellan as well as a midi controler. Magellan is under Y for Yonac. They are both inter app compatible. Cheers.

sukEEt
Expert

Post by sukEEt » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:41 pm

I meant, how can I use it as a midi instrument. I know I can play it in as an audio file, but I am a violinist, not a pianist, hehe. Is there a way to do this?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:07 pm

sukEEt wrote:I meant, how can I use it as a midi instrument. I know I can play it in as an audio file, but I am a violinist, not a pianist, hehe. Is there a way to do this?
So how do you normally play a MIDI instrument with your violin? :? Genuinely intrigued here :)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:15 pm

Here is how you do what I was describing step by step . First when it comes to midi inputing it doesnt matter what your inputing it with, say like a midi violin, you still need to input into a midi interface. It is that interface thats important here. Not your violin. The only time your violin would show up in the midi settings is if your connected directly from the violin into the iPad via the CCK adapter and using no midi interface. In this case the name of your violin would show up in the midi input list in AuriaPro. Of course this would mean that the midi in your violin is Plug n play. My guess is your using a midi interface but I'm guessing as you supplied very little info about your setup. The more info you supply us ,the better we can help you. So here we go.

Step one I suggest you practice this on a new project with no other tracks so you don't get confused.
**Now in this new project create 1 midi track and 1 stereo audio track.
**On the audio track tap FX and insert Thor into the FX plugin slot, the track should immediately set itself into record ready mode. (Red light flashing)
**On the midi track tap FX. At the top set INSTRUMENT to NONE
**Set the midi input to the midi interface that your violin is connected to. Set midi channel to ALL.
**Set the midi output to Thor (it will show you the audio track Thor is inserted into). Set the midi track to record ready if it's not already.

**Now in Thors settings set midi channel to all, set midi input from the midi interface your violin is connected to and toggle BACKGROUND AUDIO on. That is all you need to set up in Thor.

Now you should be able to play your violin while listening to Thor. Simply hit record and play on the main transport of AuriaPro and your midi notes will record on the midi track while the audio of Thor is recording simultaneously on the stereo audio track that its inserted into. When done in order to hear the audio you just recorded you must eject Thor from the audio track plugin slot and take the tracks out of record ready mode..
Thats it and good luck. Cheers from a very smart person.lol :lol: