Problem when choosing input.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Funjunkie27
Expert

Re: Problem when choosing input.

Post by Funjunkie27 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Not sure of a fully contained way to do that in Auria without having an interface attached. It seems like it could be done if you use AudioBus though.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Custard Gannet wrote:
Funjunkie27 wrote:Just copy the audio from one track and paste it in the other.
I want to record a midi track to an audio track. I know that I can bounce in place, but I want to record audio from a midi track to an audio track so that I still have the midi channel. I also want to record midi and audio tracks to a bus, which I can't do because when I record enable the track the bus input changes to mic and records the signal from the internal mic.
To achieve what you want, check this thread (http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 118#p50118) and watch Anthony Alves' YT. It's not (currently) possible to record a bus directly to a track. You'd need to do a mixdown and reimport.

Be clam 8)

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Custard Gannet wrote:Also the metronome is temperamental and doesn't continuously run whilst Auria is playing regardless of my default settings. Am I the only one that is having all these issues? It's just one thing after another.
Make sure that 'Metronome' is ticked in Transport Options.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:11 pm

Currently there is no recording though the busses in Auria.

You do still have a few options to achieve what you are looking to do-

1) After you bounce the MIDI track in place to convert it to audio, select the audio region and use Audio Copy to copy the audio. Undo the bounce track in place to go back to MIDI. Make a new stereo audio track and then use Audio Paste to paste in your copied audio.

2) To record tracks (MIDI or Audio) in real-time to new tracks (as a workaround to recording through busses):
-Create a new destination audio track, mute it, and record arm it- set the input to 'Master'.
-Solo the audio tracks that you want to record to the new track
-Hit play and record

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:16 pm

It turns out that Auria can't record through the buses yet. I should have waited a year or two before upgrading :roll:

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:23 pm

:roll:

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:14 am

Washboy wrote:
Custard Gannet wrote:
Funjunkie27 wrote:Just copy the audio from one track and paste it in the other.
I want to record a midi track to an audio track. I know that I can bounce in place, but I want to record audio from a midi track to an audio track so that I still have the midi channel. I also want to record midi and audio tracks to a bus, which I can't do because when I record enable the track the bus input changes to mic and records the signal from the internal mic.
To achieve what you want, check this thread (http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 118#p50118) and watch Anthony Alves' YT. It's not (currently) possible to record a bus directly to a track. You'd need to do a mixdown and reimport.

Be clam 8)
Washboy! :D Thank you, I was a little pissed off about wasting an afternoon searching for a function that didn't exist, but I'm calm now.

Renfield
Expert

Post by Renfield » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks for answer. No, it wasn't the cables this time. Both interfaces works with the iPad and I've used them for recording several times before.
The problem appears sometimes and sometimes it don't. Maybe it's my iPad, I've had it for four years.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Renfield wrote:Thanks for answer. No, it wasn't the cables this time. Both interfaces works with the iPad and I've used them for recording several times before.
The problem appears sometimes and sometimes it don't. Maybe it's my iPad, I've had it for four years.
I can only suggest that you keep an eye on the INT/USB/MFI indicator (that I referred to before). If you unexpectedly see only 'Mic' and 'Master' as options in a RecEnabled Input Selector but you do have an interface connected, then check that indicator. If it says 'INT' then check your cable/CCK connections - your 30-pin CCK is probably not seated properly :wink: