Same note - same channel gated midi retrig in Lyra

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Marco

Same note - same channel gated midi retrig in Lyra

Post by Marco » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:28 am

Hi @Auria,

I guess this actually is a bug - hard to believe it goes unnoticed for such a long time: native lyra samples, or soundfonts or azv files, when played dynamically (especially like advanced piano playing) on the same key/note won't add new voices over the previous ones, but will cut the sample already playing by restating it. It is known in mono or leggato mode, but not in poly / poly mode which is expected from polyfonic sampled instruments. This is not a problem of midi routing inside Auria itself - which you can test by any other poly instrument plugged into a track but Lyra. If my descriptin is not clear enough, please just produce a sequence of midi notes with shortest pausas between them and adjust very low velocity to every second note - and load a tympani sample into Lyra to play the sequence. Having a soft note cutting of the louder one is a real pain. Wont happen when loading the same sample into bs16 under interapplication apps inside Auria.

I really hope this is not impossible to fix, as Lyra is such a promissing sampler instrument for ios ...

Best, Marco

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Same note - same channel gated midi retrig in Lyra

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:16 am

What you're describing is just an option. It's called "release mode". Just set this mode to "normal" and Lyra will stack the samples instead of releasing them.

Rim

Marco

Post by Marco » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:06 am

Oh thanx for this, sorry i didn't dig it out of the manual. Experimentally it wouldn't be easy to find anyhow, as i can confirm Lyra is opening for the first time on a new track showing release mode as "normal", but actually treating it as "release". The only option to switch it first from "normal" to "release" will keep the same (gated) behaviour of course, and only when switching release mode back once more to "normal" will actually get it to normal. This will do the trick, but will probably stay hard to discover for the "innocent" users.
Can somebody test it out? Create a new track, select Lyra instrument, check the release mode behaviour, check the seating under "release mode" and you will see it showing "normal", but Lyra will act as in the "release" mode. After switching it all the way over back to "normal" will make it play "normal". It works this way on my iPad Air 2.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Interesting. Thanks for finding this.

Rim

kagamul

Post by kagamul » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:21 pm

I'm glad I found this post.

I have the same issue when loading the sfz version of the Sampletekk Rain Piano.
Changing the release mode to release and back to normal solves he problem!