triggering support tracks from a foot pedal on ipad

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jeffdenny

triggering support tracks from a foot pedal on ipad

Post by jeffdenny » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:55 pm

im trying to run some supporting tracks with my trio it would need to be trigered from a foot controller i have the airturn bt200s and a midistep and for the life of me i cannot complete this simple task i can do it through garageband but the output is limited to in app instruments (that sucks)
open to all suggestions

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: triggering support tracks from a foot pedal on ipad

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:20 pm

If what you are looking for is a live mixer, AUM might be what you want. It has configurable bussing with extensive MIDI control and can host Audiobus, IAA and AUv3.

jeffdenny

Post by jeffdenny » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:03 am

i dont think a live mixer will help i need to step on a button that will start either sampletank, auria pro or any other ios ipad app that can play midi 8)

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:17 am

jeffdenny wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:03 am
i dont think a live mixer will help i need to step on a button that will start either sampletank, auria pro or any other ios ipad app that can play midi 8)
AP's transport isn't MIDI-triggerable as far as I know. With something like AUM or Audiobus, you can control their transports with MIDI. So, if you use a sequencer (either AU or IAA) that supports midi Clock or Ableton link or IAA sync, you can start and stop via midi.

AP supports mmc or Mackie HUI but not a more generalized midi learn.

jeffdenny

Post by jeffdenny » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:06 pm

ok what is AUM of course i tried controlling audio bus and audiobus remote but i cant figure it out with a foot pedal have you done this ?
also does anyone know if someone out there does trigger supporting tracks be it midi or audio through a foot pedal what would be the most reliable beside hardware i really don't want to bring anymore stuff to a gig
thanks in advance for your replies

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:09 pm

jeffdenny wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:06 pm
ok what is AUM of course i tried controlling audio bus and audiobus remote but i cant figure it out with a foot pedal have you done this ?
also does anyone know if someone out there does trigger supporting tracks be it midi or audio through a foot pedal what would be the most reliable beside hardware i really don't want to bring anymore stuff to a gig
thanks in advance for your replies
You need to use Audiobus' MIDI learn IAP if you want to control Audiobus and audiobus apps via MIDI, I think. I use an iRig Blueboard. I don't use it for this particular application -- but I do use it as a foot controller for controlling Loopy.

If you aren't familiar with AUM, you will find much information about it via a web search. You may find YouTube and Audiobus Forum to be good sources of information about this topic.

jeffdenny

Post by jeffdenny » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:41 pm

sorry audio Mixer is not going to trigger samplitude or Auria Pro once again thank you for the reply but it wont work anyone else with some ideas im open to any programs that can start a sequencing program that i can add inter app instruments like the animoog or the KorgiM1 --- so basically a sequencer program like Aria pro that can be started by a footswitch like BT200s Blueboard or Midistep i have these and want to trigger the play button
... now i can do this already with garageband but the sounds are limited to Garageband
OK now any ideas or strategy ?????
thanks in advance

jeffdenny

Post by jeffdenny » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:36 pm

OK finally done thank you Mike Tyson of Audio Bus simply add external bluetooth controller then bind controller in adiobus to the play button on top of the screen not the one on the bottom and presto it starts ariapro hahahaha i will be doing a video shortly on this :D :D :D :D
thank you all for your swift participation

Chaosking777

Post by Chaosking777 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:47 pm

I would love to know how you succeeded. I wasn't able to find out how to start/stop Auria Pro with my Airturn BT200 with Audiobus/Audiobus Remote.
I would be very thankful for any help.

Regards,
Andy from Austria