Sampling rate error messages

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Wasser

Sampling rate error messages

Post by Wasser » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:48 am

After I starter using the Focusrite 18i8 I keep getting a Message about how the other apps I am running are in a different sampling rate and Auria quits when loading a project. Since there are no other apps running, do anyone have any idea how to fix this? Resetting the iPad is so far the only quick fix, but it’s tiresome to do each time I’m changing project.

My Line 6 helix is also connected, but I’ve sure they are set to the same sampling rate as the projects I’m trying to open.

Any help us much appreciated.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Sampling rate error messages

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Wasser wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:48 am
After I starter using the Focusrite 18i8 I keep getting a Message about how the other apps I am running are in a different sampling rate and Auria quits when loading a project. Since there are no other apps running, do anyone have any idea how to fix this? Resetting the iPad is so far the only quick fix, but it’s tiresome to do each time I’m changing project.

My Line 6 helix is also connected, but I’ve sure they are set to the same sampling rate as the projects I’m trying to open.

Any help us much appreciated.
Is the focusrite set to the same sample rate as your Auria Pro project?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 pm

Try switching your Line6 and Auria project to 48k and see if the messages stop appearing.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:31 pm

This happens to me all the time and yes the iPad must be re-booted to fix this as you stated. Even though you can’t see the apps still active, they are. The apps still open are often not ones that were used in Auria. So I found that.using a 44.1 kHz app then shutting it down, then opening a 48 kHz Auria project can result in this message and needing a full iPad restart. Not sure if there is a fix for this as it’s not really Auria that causes it. IOS has a long way to go. Cheers.

Wasser

Post by Wasser » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:19 am

Thank you all for the replies!

Yeah, I figured this was iOS and not Auria, since Auria works fine on restart. What I found strange was that the error message came when changing between projects inside auria.

If auria for some reason can’t open a project and makes a new project, what sample rate is this?

I’ll keep trying. Thanks for the tips

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am

The sample rate is displayed on the top. Auria defaults to 44.1 when it can’t open a project and creates a new one. Cheers.

Wasser

Post by Wasser » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:28 am

Thanks for the replies. This does not seem to happen now that I’ve upgraded to the newer ipados. I’ve tried to make it happen, but it won’t if all other apps are closed. Maybe apple fixed something :)