Crashing problem (Freezing)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Wrighty

Crashing problem (Freezing)

Post by Wrighty » Fri May 15, 2020 4:54 am

In the last few months I have been experiencing an issue with Auria becoming unresponsive after I minimise it (not fully close it down but say use another app) - when I come back to it the app is generally responsive but the play button is non functioning - I cannot play a track. If I fully close it down by double clicking then when I re-open it I have often (but not always) lost settings - today for example all my FF plugins had gone and I was required to restore them all (This happened twice) On other occasions it might be the plug in settings that have gone.

I have not done anything in terms of new settings so not sure what might be causing this, but it is very frustrating.

Auria Pro on IPad Pro (2016 Gen 1)

Any help appreciated.

Wrighty

Re: Crashing problem (Freezing)

Post by Wrighty » Mon May 18, 2020 2:24 am

Can nobody help me with this?

Rim?

MikeSparrow
Expert

Post by MikeSparrow » Tue May 19, 2020 6:37 am

Wrighty wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:54 am
In the last few months I have been experiencing an issue with Auria becoming unresponsive after I minimise it (not fully close it down but say use another app) - when I come back to it the app is generally responsive but the play button is non functioning - I cannot play a track. If I fully close it down by double clicking then when I re-open it I have often (but not always) lost settings - today for example all my FF plugins had gone and I was required to restore them all (This happened twice) On other occasions it might be the plug in settings that have gone.

I have not done anything in terms of new settings so not sure what might be causing this, but it is very frustrating.

Auria Pro on IPad Pro (2016 Gen 1)

Any help appreciated.
Having all plugins settings gone would very very frustrating...were you able to get it back using snapshots ?

Auria becoming unresponsive after minimizing would be due to the lack of ram to keep it running in the background.

Did you have it set to run in the background? If not iOS maybe freezing it to get more ram for general optimization, setting auria to background audio mode would keep the app running even when minimized.

Generally if it becomes unresponsive you would just need to restart the app.

Hopefully it helps,
Cheers

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 pm

I can confirm the bug that Auria transport control becomes unresponsive after you minimize the app.
The workaround I found is to minimize it again and open it back right away, then the transport control will work fine.
Rodolfo

Wrighty

Post by Wrighty » Thu May 21, 2020 7:08 am

Thanks both - at least I know I am not going mad.

I will try both of these potential solutions.