No audio using KB-1 app with Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

LeftyChris
Expert

No audio using KB-1 app with Auria Pro

Post by LeftyChris » Wed May 20, 2020 4:46 am

I just got the KB-1 iOS app (made by Kai Aras/Numerical Audio) and although it worked fine when I connected it to the Ravenscroft 275 piano app, when I connect it to Auria Pro, I do not get any sound from KB-1.

I have KB-1 set to output to Auria Pro and the MIDI settings in Auria Pro look like they’re set up fine, so I don’t know what else to do. Using identical settings for Ravenscroft 275 I get sound but with Auria Pro there is no sound.

If anyone else uses KB-1 with Auria Pro, could you please tell me how to make them work together? Incidentally, I have contacted the KB-1 developer but so far I have not gotten a response.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: No audio using KB-1 app with Auria Pro

Post by Espiegel123 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:06 pm

LeftyChris wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:46 am
I just got the KB-1 iOS app (made by Kai Aras/Numerical Audio) and although it worked fine when I connected it to the Ravenscroft 275 piano app, when I connect it to Auria Pro, I do not get any sound from KB-1.

I have KB-1 set to output to Auria Pro and the MIDI settings in Auria Pro look like they’re set up fine, so I don’t know what else to do. Using identical settings for Ravenscroft 275 I get sound but with Auria Pro there is no sound.

If anyone else uses KB-1 with Auria Pro, could you please tell me how to make them work together? Incidentally, I have contacted the KB-1 developer but so far I have not gotten a response.
Did you turn on Background Audio in AP's settings? I just tried KB-1 running standalone with AP and it worked fine. Also, make sure that KB-1 is set to regular MIDI mode and not MPE.

LeftyChris
Expert

Post by LeftyChris » Wed May 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Thanks so much - I had it set to regular MIDI mode but I hadn’t turned on background audio! I’m not new to DAWs but I am fairly new to iOS DAWs, and especially Auria, which I’ve only been using for a short period of time. Thanks again!
Last edited by LeftyChris on Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeftyChris
Expert

Post by LeftyChris » Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 pm

This isn’t an Auria question but since you helped me out already, do you happen to know if there is a sustain button in KB-1, like the sustain button in Auria? I can’t find one but maybe there is one.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:33 am

LeftyChris wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 pm
This isn’t an Auria question but since you helped me out already, do you happen to know if there is a sustain button in KB-1, like the sustain button in Auria? I can’t find one but maybe there is one.
It doesn't have a sustain button.

LeftyChris
Expert

Post by LeftyChris » Fri May 22, 2020 2:07 am

Thanks for letting me know.