Problem Saving Project to Dropbox

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

LeftyChris
Expert

Problem Saving Project to Dropbox

Post by LeftyChris » Tue May 26, 2020 6:07 am

When I tried to save a project to Dropbox tonight, it didn’t ever seem to finish saving, and eventually it just froze with the message “Saving Project to Dropbox” stuck on the screen. When this happened, the cancel button did not respond so I had to shut down Auria Pro.

Last week when I was working on a project that had only one MIDI piano track, it seemed to take a long time to save to Dropbox, but eventually it saved, whereas tonight when I was working on a project that had three MIDI tracks, it just went on forever and froze as I just described.

I am still very new to recording in iOS, but I can’t imagine that what I was doing could be that taxing: one instance of Lyra with the Auria C7 piano, one instance of Magellan 2 (as AU) with an arpeggiated synth line, and one drum loop in BeatHawk (also as AU). Would three such tracks be enough to overload Auria Pro?

I was not running anything else in the background, and I use a 2017 10.5” iPad Pro with the latest iPadOS.

MikeSparrow
Expert

Re: Problem Saving Project to Dropbox

Post by MikeSparrow » Tue May 26, 2020 7:22 am

LeftyChris wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 6:07 am
When I tried to save a project to Dropbox tonight, it didn’t ever seem to finish saving, and eventually it just froze with the message “Saving Project to Dropbox” stuck on the screen. When this happened, the cancel button did not respond so I had to shut down Auria Pro.

Last week when I was working on a project that had only one MIDI piano track, it seemed to take a long time to save to Dropbox, but eventually it saved, whereas tonight when I was working on a project that had three MIDI tracks, it just went on forever and froze as I just described.

I am still very new to recording in iOS, but I can’t imagine that what I was doing could be that taxing: one instance of Lyra with the Auria C7 piano, one instance of Magellan 2 (as AU) with an arpeggiated synth line, and one drum loop in BeatHawk (also as AU). Would three such tracks be enough to overload Auria Pro?

I was not running anything else in the background, and I use a 2017 10.5” iPad Pro with the latest iPadOS.
Is your auria synced with Dropbox?

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:57 am

LeftyChris wrote:

Dropbox sync is an ancient and very slow process. Much faster is to use the Save Project to Other App command (or whatever it is called) and choose Files app. You can save into your Dropbox from there and it is something like 10 times faster than using the Save to Dropbox option.

LeftyChris
Expert

Post by LeftyChris » Tue May 26, 2020 5:12 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:57 am
LeftyChris wrote:

Dropbox sync is an ancient and very slow process. Much faster is to use the Save Project to Other App command (or whatever it is called) and choose Files app. You can save into your Dropbox from there and it is something like 10 times faster than using the Save to Dropbox option.
Thanks so much - I will try that.