track freeze results in latency?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickboon
Expert

track freeze results in latency?

Post by rickboon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:55 am

After freezing a track, the result is quite latent-maybe 300ms or more. I haven't looked at the actual time difference or even the waveform, but is this latency expected behavior? The only plugin on the frozen track(s) is the ChannelStrip with all components enabled-no insert FX at all. However, the kick drum has a GOG on it (which is amazing, by the way). The GOG was not frozen. Everything plays back in perfect sync live, but when freezing the snare, let's say, the frozen result is now 300ms-ish late to the GOG kick. Have not tried replicating this without using the GOG on the kick drum. Is there some kind of latency compensation induced when using insert plugs on tracks that would cause this? I know you can defeat latency compensation on auxes in the Settings window.

rickboon
Expert

Re: track freeze results in latency?

Post by rickboon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:19 am

just copied the project and removed the GOG from the kick track. Freezing the snare dos NOT result in latency relative to the other tracks. Now I see what is happening. The latency induced by the GOG on the kick causes all other tracks to automatically compensate. When freezing the snare, that track no longer compensates for latency and is now EARLY. I guess freezing induces a plugin bypass, which now ignores delay compensation, which makes the snare get out ahead-right?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:26 am

Yes, this is an identified bug, and has already been fixed (will appear in the next update).

Rim

rickboon
Expert

Post by rickboon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:09 am

cool thank you!