Corrupt wav file after recording

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

RGonski

Corrupt wav file after recording

Post by RGonski » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:25 am

I use AURIA to record symphony orchestra rehearsals and concerts. Consequently the takes can be as long as 2 hours.

I create a project with 2 mono tracks of 24 bit/44.1k.

Sometimes the recording are fine - but on a lot of them I notice that track 2 seems to have lost data towards the end of the recording, (you can see that the waveforms in Track 1 and 2 don't correspond anymore) and when retrieving/moving the audio files from my iPad to my iMac for editing (using iTunes), Track 2 is listed as 'Empty' when importing into Logic, Sound Forge PRo or any other editor.

I have managed to retrieve the data by importing the file as RAW data into Audacity (24 bit signed, little endian) and then re-saving it as a WAV file. I have wasted a good few hours getting all the settings right together with the nervousness of perhaps having lost one side of a live recording...

This bug has been a problem for a good couple of years now - would be great if someone would fix it. Makes it very difficult to rely on Auria as a live recording setup.

iPad Air 2 / 64 gig
Apogee DUET

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Corrupt wav file after recording

Post by Rim » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:53 am

Sorry about the trouble! Do you typically always record two mono tracks, or have you noticed this as well with one stereo track? Does the "Finishing Recording" progress bar finish, or are you pressing cancel? Are you unplugging your audio interface before the progress bar is complete?

Rim

RGonski

Re: Corrupt wav file after recording

Post by RGonski » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

I do typically use 2 mono tracks. Could try with a stereo track. Not pressing cancel - I am aware that Auria takes some time to finish processing after a recording, especially after a long one. I have got to admit to not having noticed a progress bar at all when pressing stop.

I will take care not to disconnect the interface and to wait and see what happens.