Automation Write not working

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rwsmth

Automation Write not working

Post by rwsmth » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:00 pm

Hello, I’m a long time user of Auria Pro
Recently I’ve encountered a host of bugs
1. Saturn crashes Auria Pro. When I load a session that has Saturn inside it will load Saturn in bypass and when I hit bypass Auria Pro crashes
2. Write for Automation is broken(Literally doesn’t work at all)
3. Cracks and pops from FabFilter Synth One
4. Randomly the editor window for midi will start treating the midi like Audio
So the way you would make audio files longer or shorter by tap and hold on the arrows is how I would have to manage midi notes in the piano roll editor
(Side note- when the piano roll would mess up like this it seemed it was actually easier and faster to edit midi notes in this fashion)
I’m using a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 inch with max memory
A 2016 iPad Pro 9.7 with max memory
On the latest iOS with Auria Pro on latest update

Corey W
Expert

Re: Automation Write not working

Post by Corey W » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Hello,
1) I am unable to get Saturn to crash Auria at all. I have tested through multiple projects at different sample rates. None open to Saturn in a bypassed state. What are your project specifics and can you recreate this in a new project in Auria?

2) Writing automation is working as it should on my end. Is there a specific parameter you are trying to automate? What is your process to begin writing automation?

3) During record, playback, both? What are your project settings? Again, everything is working okay with the One synth on my end.

4) "Randomly the editor window for midi will start treating the midi like Audio" - Can you explain this a bit more, I'm not sure what you are getting at?
If you are referring to the arrows you see on MIDI notes when you zoom in to trim or extend the length of the note, that is supposed to be there. You can also select a note and select a note length from the menu bar.

Rodolfo
Expert

Re: Automation Write not working

Post by Rodolfo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:55 pm

Corey W wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 pm
2) Writing automation is working as it should on my end. Is there a specific parameter you are trying to automate? What is your process to begin writing automation?
Corey,
Writing automation (moving any plugin knob/parameter on the screen) is only working for native Auria plugins.
Any external AU plugin fails to record automation when Write Mode is activated (as I reported in a separate thread).

You can easily check it on your end with any AU plugin.
Regards.