Request or bug for midi thru option for AU MIDI plug-ins .

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Pejman
Expert

Request or bug for midi thru option for AU MIDI plug-ins .

Post by Pejman » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:21 am

Hi
There is no midi thru option for AU MIDI plug-ins, for enabling or Especially disabling. because auriapro as default is midi thru on at the moment. And we don’t need always midi thru on .
Can you add this option for auriapro please?

Best
Pejman

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Request or bug for midi thru option for AU MIDI plug-ins .

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:06 am

Can you describe what you mean exactly? It's up to each AU plugin whether to pass MIDI thru (if it's a processing plugin).

Rim

Pejman
Expert

Post by Pejman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi
1, Create one midi track with lyra sampler piano instrument
2, in channel strip of same track , select one AUV3 midi plugin, for example ( rrc2soft Physicale Gravity app ) , this app is one free sequencer , it’s name is physicles .
3, with virtual piano of same track ( lyra virtual piano ) play note or chords .

Result: i hear my direct notes through midi thru pass , and modified or sequenced notes through physicles app , but I don’t want to hear my direct notes and i want hear only modified notes , and there is no any option for disabling midi through.

Like this in picture.
Attachments
D426EDDF-685A-47F4-BC5B-AD4256516CFF.jpeg

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:18 pm

That’s true, there’s currently no way to set that MIDI from the screen keyboard goes to the MiDI FX plugin only and not to the instrument too.
As a workaround you could use an AU MIDI keyboard such as “Xequence AU Keys” app loaded in the first insert slot and Physicles in the second slot. That way, the keys you press will be sent to Phisicles only and not to the instrument.
I just tested it and it works as you described, same as in Cubasis when you turn MIDI trhu OFF.
Attachments
FE2D3236-28BD-4F2B-99A5-06CA7977D5DE.png