Intermittent issues mixing down

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Psamber

Intermittent issues mixing down

Post by Psamber » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:24 pm

I’m new to this so I’m not sure if this is a bug, or just something with my settings.

I’ve been working on a project and almost every time I mix it down, tracks that line up perfectly in app are out of sync.

Once this afternoon I got it to mix down correctly. See link below:

https://soundcloud.com/user-254610469/test1

Then I made some updates to drum tracks (not the tracks in question) and now I can’t get it to mix down correctly. See new link below:

https://soundcloud.com/user-254610469/test2

If you skip to 50 seconds on both the issue becomes apparent.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Intermittent issues mixing down

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:52 pm

try a different buffer size the lower the better 128-512. Also reboot the iPad after setting the new buffer. Do you have tracks that are frozen. How large is the project. Where is the cpu at on %. Are there any third party plugins. The more info the better. Cheers.

Psamber

Re: Intermittent issues mixing down

Post by Psamber » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:09 am

Thanks so much for your response. So I was actually able to get this working yesterday by bouncing all tracks and mixing down with nothing but audio. I’m assuming this might just be a best practice going forward.

That said, here are the answers to your questions:

The project is currently 23 tracks. There are several 3rd party plugins including blackhole reverb, 2 instances of sunrizer, nembrini bst100 and nembrini screamer, stark amp sim, zero reverb, 3 instances of iSymphonic.

2 tracks were frozen.

The cpu says 59%, and space is 89%.

Thanks again for your help.