Arturia Microfuse

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

miguelmarcos
Expert

Arturia Microfuse

Post by miguelmarcos » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:15 am

I'm interested in what hardcore Auria users think about the Microfuse audio interface released by Auria.

iOS-compatible, onboard USB hub, high quality preamps, direct monitoring. $599. There was a comment on the Audiobus forum that it's got too many interfaces that might go unused by most users depending on how they work:

14 Input, 14 Output channels 2x Mic/Instrument/Line inputs 2x Phono/Line inputs 4 analog outputs 2 analog inserts ADAT In & Out S/PDIF In & Out Word Clock In & Out MIDI In & Out (looks like it's USB MIDI only).

http://www.arturia.com/audiofuse/overview

BGR
Expert

Re: Arturia Microfuse

Post by BGR » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:10 am

How good are the mic preamps?
Can the be compared to high end ones?
How many decibels can they crank up?
Can you power it up with a mobile option?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:57 am

So far from the demos I've seen it looks like a great iOS audio interface with some pretty high specs for a project studio. Having a ton of connectivity means your studio can expand in multiple directions. As far as mic pre amp quality, there probably are at the top end of affordable preamps as some top ones go for thousands of dollars per channel. @ $599.00 they can't include the very best but very good music will be produced through this unit. I like it so far as a multi I/O and from a goid company. Should give the Quartet a run for it's money and at a third of the price. Cheers.~~_/)~~~*

miguelmarcos
Expert

Post by miguelmarcos » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks, Anthony.

Here's a bit more on it:
http://youtu.be/U7d5P0CxnEI

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Now Called the Arturia AudioFuse it seems....

Post by stromberg-carlson » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:16 pm

Seems they changed the name at some point.

@Rim,

if you are around sir...

This may be a silly question, but do you see any reason for this interface to NOT work with your Auria Pro product?

I know its not released yet, but I have received an email from Arturia that they plan to ship this at the end of December. Guitar Center's site also reflects this.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:57 pm

If it's iPad compatible, it'll most likely work fine, but until we get one in here to test, I can't say with certainty.

Rim

studiofilo

Post by studiofilo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:10 am

Hi does the arturia audifuse works with auria? Regards