Just Me And Bill

For Auria users to share their creativity!

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

crouchie
Expert

Just Me And Bill

Post by crouchie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:09 am

Tough going early on. Needs mixing by someone that knows what they're doing. It's a bit of a funk vibe with a rant over the top. Done with Korg Gadget and then Auria. Title from an episode of Fargo, tune incorporating a sample of "Truth Is Out Of Style" by MC 900ft Jesus

https://soundcloud.com/crouchie/just-me-and-bill

GimmebakProT

Re: Just Me And Bill

Post by GimmebakProT » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:13 am

That was brilliant! Both the tune and the sound....I'm new to IOS systems. What exactly is "Korg Gadget"? How did you utilize it?
Twinsoul2 Music

crouchie
Expert

Post by crouchie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:11 am

Thanks, v kind of you to say that.

I've found Gadget really helpful for quickly building up tracks that u can then either expand and develop in the app, or import into Auria and then go from there. I suppose it's a DAW really, although it can't handle audio. It's particularly good for electronic stuff, but has a lot of funky/lo fi sounds, particularly if you fork out for Module too. Gadget has surprising depth when you dig down into the individual instrument modulation and automations, but nothing to match what Auria can do. I think it's worth a look!

Cheers

crouchie
Expert

Post by crouchie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:40 am

Don't know if it's of any interest but the sounds for this tune are from Gadget (including its add in sampler), and then mangled in Auria with WOW2, Turnado, Saturn and Volcano

https://soundcloud.com/crouchie/dont-say-when-v1-1

Cheers