Data overload error

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ajmack302
Expert

Re: Data overload error

Post by ajmack302 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am

Hey Guys,

I've also experienced these huge leaps in both disk/CPU usage, but I find shutting Auria down (double click home etc) seems to rectify the problem for long enough that I can record what I need to.
It mostly happens when recording live drums (4 dynamic mics, 2 condensers) into Presonus 1818.
Don't have any guaranteed fix for the behaviour but thought you'd like to know that it's not just you!!

Aaron

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 pm

ajmack302 wrote:Hey Guys,

I've also experienced these huge leaps in both disk/CPU usage, but I find shutting Auria down (double click home etc) seems to rectify the problem for long enough that I can record what I need to.
It mostly happens when recording live drums (4 dynamic mics, 2 condensers) into Presonus 1818.
Don't have any guaranteed fix for the behaviour but thought you'd like to know that it's not just you!!

Aaron
Aaron, are you getting a 'disk overload' error as well?

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah, I've had a couple or more instances of disk overload messages, but as I said in previous post if I shut down and restart Auria it usually settles down. The main difference I can see between our experience is that I never use 96k, I generally use 44.1k.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:58 pm

The only time I've heard of a disk overload being reported was a situation where the user was close to the limit on disk space. When he deleted some files, the problem went away. I don't know if that's what's happening in your case, but it might be worth a shot to clean off the disk so it's less than 50% full.

I just tried a long test on my iPad 2, and ran a recording at 96K with 18 tracks for two hours with no issues. Disk usage was 68% max.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Ok, so here's a refreshing update:

So I flat out bought the new iPad 4, 64GB wifi. Took it home, installed Auria, connected it to iTunes and copied one of my song projects and then hooked it up to my presonus interface. I opened the project and set up 8 tracks for live drum recordings and recorded the entire song! This is all done at 96K, mind you. Now also, I put installed NO other apps on this new thing so I had a ton of space to work with (around 57GB's). So, this whole time, it could've been a space issue like you said, Rim...or maybe something else? Dunno...

Also, I will say the graphic response on the 4 is amazing and butter smooth, what a DIFFERENCE! And the lightning to USB camera adapter fits WAY better (more snug and easier to work with) than the 30pin connection.

So I'm good for now! Thanks everyone for thr help. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Good to hear. Yes, the iPad 4 makes a huge difference. You get 3x the processing power and graphics speeds are amazing.

Rim