Auria won't open

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

juanconcho
Expert

Auria won't open

Post by juanconcho » Fri May 10, 2013 12:38 pm

App won't open after giving a memory low message. I've rebooted but it crashes every time. on ipad2

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria won't open

Post by Rim » Fri May 10, 2013 1:14 pm

Rebooting doesn't free up memory. The only way to free up memory is to close your background apps. To do this, double-tap on your home button, then close all the apps that show up in that list (including Safari, Settings, etc).

Rim

juanconcho
Expert

Post by juanconcho » Fri May 10, 2013 2:07 pm

I've been keeping apps closed all along. This is something new.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri May 10, 2013 4:54 pm

OK, just making sure. So at this point, you can't get Auria to open? Usually when Auria can't load a project it will show a message asking you if you want to skip loading that particular project. Do you get this message?

Rim

juanconcho
Expert

Post by juanconcho » Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm

no, i don't get far enough to make any choices. i press the icon and it expands to take up the screen with the initial auria logo, then it shuts down.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri May 10, 2013 5:17 pm

OK, sounds like the app itself got corrupted somehow. Is your iPad jailbroken? Did you upgrade to a newer iOS version recently? When did this start to happen?

Does your iPad have a solid internet connection when you try to open the app, or do you have airplane mode turned on? Try it with a good internet connection.

Thanks,
Rim

juanconcho
Expert

Post by juanconcho » Fri May 10, 2013 5:42 pm

No jailbreak. Updated iOS not long after it came out. No airplane mode. I've had plenty of crashes over the weeks but it always comes back up. Should I move all my projects and delete app and reload?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri May 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Yes, that's what I would recommend. What other crashes have you gotten? Are there other issues I should look at? Please let me know if you experience any other crashes. Many crashes are simply out of memory shutdowns, but if you ever get anything else, please let me know in this forum.

Thanks,
Rim

juanconcho
Expert

Post by juanconcho » Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 pm

ok re-loaded and seems to be working, although crashed a couple of times while getting it set up with audiobus and dm1. 1st crash was low-memory, then next wanted to send report, which i did. I'll let you know if anything unusual happens. I have had some good stretches of work without crashing by freezing the files, etc. and have some nice recordings so far. I plan on getting the next ipad whenever it comes out so i'll just manage the bugginess til then. thanks

KTTheory

Post by KTTheory » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey guys, I am getting the same exact problem.
1. Low memory
2. Cleared app cache
3. Tried to reload.. Doesn't relied.. Keeps crashing

I have an ipad mini.
Will backup my projects and re download.
Sigh... Hopefully my mastering presets can be saved, and my reverb presets.
Kind regards
Micheal

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Before you reload, can you please send me the project it's trying to load? It would help me to have this here so I can see why it's not opening. You can use a program like iFunBox on your Mac/PC to copy it off the iPad, then zip it and dropbox it to me (rim at drumagog dot com)

Thanks,
Rim

KTTheory

Post by KTTheory » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Hey Rim,
I do appologize, i just saw the reply.
I see that there is a "Notify me when a reply is posted" .. I must have not selected that.
Since I removed and reinstall Auria I have not had this issue.
My ipad mini is really struggling with the app in general.
I guess my sessions are too demanding.
I have a strange issue (perhaps I should post a new post.. let me know)

I had a track with accoustic guitars loops.. but in a section where there was no guitar.. I could hear guitar..
I tried everything to get rid of this invisible "phantom" loop. But the only thing that works is making the track "volume" dip down when that phantom loop is apprently playing. That worked.
It was frustrating though. Like if i want to add more guitar.. I may forget about the volume..
I guess I could make a new track and copy everything to it.
Really weird.

In your opinion, would a 32 gig version of the latest ipad make a massive difference to the performance of the ipad mini?
I would like to run a professional portable studio.. but in the mixing stage it becomes a nightmare.

ps: I will be reading more of the forums now.. I see you have many posts. Man you must soo busy. best of luck
I hope you have an awesome night.
kind regards,
Micheal

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:29 pm

That's odd. If you are able to duplicate this, please send me the project.

An iPad 4 is about 3x faster than an iPad 2 or Mini. It also has twice the RAM.

Thanks,
Rim