Nothing recording in auria and no audio in audiobus

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

J-rod

Nothing recording in auria and no audio in audiobus

Post by J-rod » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:06 am

Hi, for the last few weeks auria has no longer been recording, neither from the ipad's mics, or from my interface channels. I have made sure these are all configured properly, but when I record, it records mere silence. In addition there is no sound coming out of auria to go to audiobus. This sucks, cause I use audiobus as my channel strip and then record to loopy Hd. This is no longer possible, and now I can't even use auria to record period. This is not the first time I've encountered problems with auria, and I am starting to regret the purchase.....please find a solution! It's a great program.....when it works......but it seems that it rarely works these days...... :|

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Nothing recording in auria and no audio in audiobus

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:27 am

What you're seeing is a very basic iOS7 problem. iOS7 blocks all inputs (from microphone and from interfaces) unless you specifically allow it. When you first open an app under iOS7, it asks you if you want to enable input. If you say No, you need to go into your settings later and allow it manually. In your iPad settings, go to General, then Privacy, then Microphone. Make sure Auria is enabled. iOS7 calls this "Microphone", but they really mean all inputs.

Rim

J-rod

Post by J-rod » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:42 am

Thanks! That was very helpful in getting auria to record from the mic. I have to test my interface. However there is still no sound going through audiobus to loopy hd. I have made sure i have selected the correct outputs for auria in audiobus, and still nothing. This has been a problem for a while now, even before ios7. What do you recommend?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 am

That privacy will work for both your microphone and your USB/MFi interface. As far as Audiobus, this was just reported to us yesterday as well, so it's on my list to fix. Apparently there's an issue with Auria's audiobus output. Since most users only use input, I think it hasn't been noticed until now.

Rim