Non-english chars on filename => "Can't Save Project File"

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pedro

Non-english chars on filename => "Can't Save Project File"

Post by pedro » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:20 am

Since last night I was suffering from the "Can't Save Project File error" problem, wherever I clicked the error would popup and the app was useless. After searching here and finding no answer, I decided to delete auria and reinstall. That fixed it, yet the moment I imported a few audio files I had started working on yesterday, the problem reappeared.

So that made me suspicious of the files themselves, and recalling I read RIM saying something about invalid characters in filenames, so I checked and there was indeed a file with non-english characters (in this case "é" é).

So I renamed all the non-english characters, deleted and intall auria again, dropped my zip folder, imported the audio, and haven't had any problems since.

Just wanted to let you know, because I didn't find the solution here before, and it might benefit someone else (and you guys might wanna look into that.

BTW: thanks for a great application, and for the 50% sale: I just upgraded to the full version and bought some plugins

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Non-english chars on filename => "Can't Save Project Fil

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks, this is on my list to fix for the next update.

Rim