Bug with freezing in bigger projects

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Bug with freezing in bigger projects

Post by GreyMediumMild » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Hey guys, So last night I was coming back to one of my bigger projects in auria in terms of plugins used per track. With everything on, the CPU hovers around 140% on an ipad 4 with only auria open. I had the most CPU intensive tracks frozen which brings it back to a manageable 40% CPU, but needed to go back in and make a major compositional change (delete 8 bars from the middle of the song). Unfreezing the tracks went well, but as soon as I wanted to re-freeze the bigger tracks Auria wouldn't let me. The freeze button would not work unless I pressed freeze and then the record button directly afterwards (?). Once I managed to freeze more tracks the rest went well, but getting the first to freeze was not an easy thing. Any thoughts?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bug with freezing in bigger projects

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:47 pm

When the CPU is that high, any action i going to take a long time to respond. For example, just pressing the freeze button might take 30 seconds for the iPad to figure out you pressed it. Try waiting longer after you press the button to see what happens.

Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Re: Bug with freezing in bigger projects

Post by GreyMediumMild » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:10 pm

ah, gotcha. oddly enough though, pressing the record button directly after pressing freeze would make it kick in instantly. I'll be mindful of it next time then...