The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Shay wrote:One more wish. :D

Is it possible to make the following route and stay with only one copy of the imported file (the one inside the project)?
Import-From-AudioShare :arrow: Auria Root folder :arrow: Track (copy into project)

I imported from Caustic 3 into AudioShare into Auria, track by track.
I then always needed to delete from AudioShare and from Auria root's folder to avoid double copies of the audio.
This wav file audio using 32bit occupies too much space.

Thanks,
Shay
Yes, this is something I plan on addressing in a future update.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 pm

I don't know if this has been brought up already...But I'd really like to the IAA effects and instruments/synths separated from the native Auria stuff. Perhaps move'em to a sub-menu, or minor redesign on the insert UI. And more importantly, separate effects and sound sources from each-other. Now it's just one loooong list, and it won't get any shorter:). Cubasis and Audioshare does it (altho I have no clue if they gets them all right since IAA is still a bit of mess for devs to go through as I understand it). Having small icons showing would be a bonus (slightly easier for a user to quickly pick out the right app in a long list), but absolutely not necessary (if it means less RAM, I'd rather have less graphics).

Another thing, more of a bug I guess, recording from an IAA source, with the metronome enabled, also records the metronome.

Edit: And a 3rd wish - Release the convolution reverb unit. Set the poor thing free! It's starting to scream for live audio sources. :cry:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:24 pm

All very good suggestions. Thanks!

Rim

p1n8ack

Post by p1n8ack » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Seems like a lot of ipad stuff is aimed toward vintage gear emulations like korgs ipolysix and arturias synths which happen to be my favorite. and even a Fairlight cmi (thank god cause I love the 80s and new wave)

Featrue request is micropitch (for vocals in my instance). It was also used on guitar and everything else and as soon as you hear it a light will turn on. its an undeniable sound that widens and thickens the source. It's an effect made popular in the 80s via ams delay and the more popular eventide h3000 presets. Soundtoys just made a plug in for 129$ that does this called microshift but I want to bring that over to the ipad for quick demos. basically its just a spread effect that takes the mono vocal and delays the right by about 7 ms and pitches it -5 to 9 cents and the right about 10 ms and pitched + the same 5 to 9 cents. This is what i've come to find in the 80's vocal production thats so hard to pinpoint. and of course vintage reverbs like lexicons. If anyone else knows how to set this up in auria via some in app purchases of the plugins or any other cool 80s production tips relevant to the ipad please respond. Anything modeling any of the classic h3000 presets would be desirable actually. great unit : )

Ganjatron

BitTorrentSync support please

Post by Ganjatron » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:24 am

No offense to Dropbox but BitTorrentSync is a far superior tool for transfering data between devices. There's even an iOS app already as well as Mac and PC. Please consider taking advantage of it.

Funkfingers

Post by Funkfingers » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Its beyond me why you dont implement iGog in Auria. Such a superb drum app. Sounds great and easy to use.
And why dont you add Audiocopy to iGog? Filesharing is a great pain to use when you use iGog on IPad.
Its a shame that iGog doesnt have Audiocopy. I cry every night I go to bed. Thinking how easy and joyful my life would have been with iGog and Audiocopy by my side.
Please keep updating iGog. Add Audiocopy and a mixer with pan,level and fx sends for Reverb and delay.

Funkfingers

Post by Funkfingers » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:01 pm

No response on iGog in Auria and Audiocopy for iGog?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:29 pm

The reality is I'm just one guy, and I'm focusing on the next version of Auria at the moment, which is taking all my attention. I'd love to give iGOG some more attention, but it would take a lot of valuable time away from finishing Auria. I've considered adding a version of iGOG to Auria, but I have no final decision on that yet. We'll see as I get closer to that section.

Rim

Funkfingers

Post by Funkfingers » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Ok. Would have been nice to have iGog in Auria via IAA,Audiobus or Audiocopy. Its such a great drum app. Easy way to get a good drum support when working with building songs. Instead of the rather awkward way of having to find the right drumloop to go with the song. It would have been easier the other way around. Experimenting with iGog and then getting the right drumloop somewhere. If needed.

StudioSteve

Post by StudioSteve » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Hey guys, here's my wish:

How about a quick way to reverse the right and left on stereo channels? Perhaps a button on the channel strip. This feature could also come in handy on the master channel strip, along with right and left mute or solo buttons.

A lot of times when moving files around from platform to platform things get reversed! And sometimes you might decide that you'd like to hear drums or piano from the audience verses players perspective. Right now I've got a finished mix of voice, piano, bass; and the piano's bass notes (left hand) are in my right ear. I no longer have the separate tracks to go back to and remix.

Having seperate left and right mutes on the master can sometimes be a big help in solving / pinpointing mix problems. It can also be a great learning tool when listening to the "big boys mixes".

Another reason to reverse left / right info would be to check your ears. Is that vocal really centered?

Thanks for your time.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi, Rim!

I don't know if it was already mentioned here - too much pages to read, to little time to accomplish it to full extent - but what about a flex time/elastic audio feature? Or even non-destructive audio quantization, perhaps controlled by the highlight selection tool, so we can add different quantizations to specific parts of a given region/track...

All the best!

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:01 am

P.S.: While flex audio doesn't come, I'm using the time stretching feature , alongside with split and snapping tools, to accomplish the same task in an effective way, albeit time-consuming.

Dealing with time stretching frequently, I happen to have noticed a bug: every time I stretch a clip, there's a pronounced stuttering at the beginning of the resultant clip. However, I found out that if I duplicate the clip and join it with the original one, and then stretch it, I can split it in half, discard the first half and use the second half, which is of course the stretched duplicated clip, and it will have no stutter.

Since I found a workaround for the bug, I can enjoy the feature at its full capabilities at last, but I think that makes a good item for a wishlist thread: please squash this bug!

All the best!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks for letting me know. I'll investigate and add to the bug list for the next update.

RIm

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:47 pm

More wishes, but I don't really know if it's up to the Auria dev squad to make them come true: more mastering plug-ins, on par with the awesome ones from FabFilter's, but covering the needs they don't fulfill. Perhaps bring Ozone as an option, or even HarBal, and a more flexible noise profiling/removal tool. Please! Mixing/mastering with Auria as my main option: now that would be epic. Am I wishing too much for a newcomer? Lol.

Really enjoying editing tracks with touch, and doing so even on my couch or bed with a nice pair of headphones (I use the HD650), but I still find myself going back to Logic (with I still enjoy a lot to use) or Audition every time I need doing serious mixing and mastering work, essentially because of an incomplete pallete of mastering plugins.

All the best!

BGR
Expert

Post by BGR » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:01 pm

I don't know if this exists already. My wish:
Track slider info.
-When you touch a slider, after a few milisecods, you can move it up or down and it shows the decibels level that you are selecting in the info area -on the top-.
-When you double tap a slider, it goes back to 0dB.
-But when you tap a slider once, it does not show you in the info area at what level the slider is currently at. For example, if the slider is placed at -7.03dB and you tap the slider, it does not tell you where it is. If you move the slider, it gives you the new position. But you never knew that the slider was at -7.03dB before you moved it.

In short, my wish, tap a slider -or a curve point- and the info area should show you at which level the slider -or point- is currently at.