DM1 Drum Machine Error Exporting Songs

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

DM1 Drum Machine Error Exporting Songs

Post by indratgj » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:52 pm

All,

I know this isn't a Fingerlab forum, but has anyone else been getting the following message when trying to export a DM1 Song to Dropbox?

"An error has occured, please retry. If the problem persists, please kill DM1 app, re-launch it and retry."

The problem does persist, and I'm about ready to kill DM1! :)

If anyone has a fix for this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Washboy
Expert

Re: DM1 Drum Machine Error Exporting Songs

Post by Washboy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:26 am

Fails for me too :(

EDIT: It used to work for me, many moons ago, but I seem to remember manually killing the Apps\DM1 folder in Dropbox when I lost patience with DM1 and deleted it from my iPad (for a while). I can't remember exactly what that Dropbox folder should be named and I don't know how to unlink DM1 and Dropbox. I reckon that DM1 will recreate the folder when re-linking.

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:00 am

I got a reply from Fingerlab suggesting a long tap on the Drop Box icon to reset the Drop Box connection. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'll post the results.
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:52 am

indratgj wrote:I got a reply from Fingerlab suggesting a long tap on the Drop Box icon to reset the Drop Box connection. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'll post the results.
The long tap does indeed disconnect from Dropbox. Useful to know.

On retrying an export though, when the 'encoding' is finished, Dropbox gets launched and asks to 'allow' DM1. So far so good! But then things get crazy. Immediately upon 'allowing' DM1, DFX (of all things) gets launched in the foreground, while DM1 sits in the background, endlessly "Connecting to Dropbox". Killing DFX makes no difference - DM1 still just sits there. Killing DM1 and relaunching just goes back to the beginning of the loop.

WTF? Not good at all - but not at all surprising with DM1/FingerLabs. I seem to remember someone else reporting a DFX 'intrusion' a while ago.

UPDATE: I had to delete DFX from my iPad in order to get DM1 to authorise with Dropbox and export successfully. Once authorised, I was able to reinstall DFX and subsequent exports are OK. If you don't have DFX you shouldn't have a problem anyway :wink:

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:59 am

Not sure if this helps, but I noticed Dropbox has been putting out frequent updates lately and maybe that has something to do with this issue.

I do know that I just exported from DM1 as AFF (or is it AAF) to Auria, and all of the instruments showed up as separate tracks in Auria just fine.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)