Importing Video to Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

PaulC

Importing Video to Auria

Post by PaulC » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:01 am

Hi, I have imported my first video file into Auria on my IPad via Dropbox, from my IPhone, however, the video is upside down in the preview screen on Auria :|
Any ideas on how this might have happened and how to correct this?
Thanks

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Importing Video to Auria

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:19 pm

its a bug and its being looked at as this has been reported before. I think it has to do with vids downloaded from dropbox but not if you add the vid through iTunes file sharing. Cheers

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:12 pm

Excellent, thanks Anthony. At least it’s not me 😜

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:36 am

Hi Anthony, I understand from Corey that the developer is working to fix the bug. In the meantime I have tried every method I can think of to get round the problem, including rotating the video so it plays upside down normally, in the hope that when it loads into Auria, it will be inverted and play the right way up. Sadly, that didn’t work either.
Can you step me through the process you suggested to load the video via ITunes please so I can try that?
Thanks 👍

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:02 am

connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. At the top left hand corner in iTunes you will see a little iPad icon (it's under the volume slider) tap on that and then select FILE SHARING. Scroll down to Auria, tap on Auria and you will see Aurias contents. Scroll to the bottom of the contents to see ADD and SAVE select ADD. Now browse through your computer and find the video you want to import and hit ADD. The video will now copy to Auria. Now you can import that video into an Auria project.I just tested this and the video and audio import as they should and in the right orientation. Cheers

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Tue May 05, 2020 6:45 am

Thanks, but I don’t have a computer, just the IPad. Is there an alternative solution just using the IPad and iTunes?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 09, 2020 11:55 am

If your using the front FaceTime camera on your iPhone make sure to film in landscape mode and flip your iPhone around so that the home button is now on your left and then record your video. This will import into Auria properly. Auria imports all its videos in landscape mode so recording the video in portrait mode will import with the image sideways. This is due to how iOS stores the front face camera video in relation to the home button. This applies to the iPad as well. This is a quick fix to the problem and will get you going until a solution is released. Cheers.