When using Studiolive 32 Series 3 with Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

AuriaStudios
Expert

When using Studiolive 32 Series 3 with Auria Pro

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue May 26, 2020 9:12 pm

When using Studiolive 32 Series 3 with Auria Pro the app crashes before even opening. Every other app sees the Digital Mixer and works fine sees all 32 inputs and outputs ecxept Auira Which is the main app i wanted to use with the Mixer. Any reason this is happening. Im on a 2018 iPad Pro with the lates OS

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: When using Studiolive 32 Series 3 with Auria Pro

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu May 28, 2020 4:19 am

So the reason every other app on your iPad is working with the Studio Live 32 is because no other app uses HUI or MCU control so there is no conflict with the hardware because it is only seeing it as an audio interface. Auria on the other hand does have HUI and MCU control and it is likely that control that is crashing your system. One thing to note is that Auria does not recognize any HUI or MCU controller past 8 scrollable fader channels and since the Studio live is 32 this is causing the crash. Hope this helps.

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Thu May 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Thanks bro for the comment but my mixer is MCU and Hui compatable i jut want to be able to use it as an audio interface not even worried about the control part. Auria wont even open. When I open Auria first then plugin the mixer i only get 2 in to out but it does see the mixer

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 30, 2020 7:36 am

Your mixer is an audio interface and a HUI and MCU controller and has more than 8 channels and this is crashing Auria. It works with other Daws on IOS because they are not getting the HUI or MCU conflict and see the Studio Live as a USB audio interface only and nothing else. Again it's because Auria uses HUI and MCU and your mixer sends those commands to Auria on startup. Try turning off HUI or MCU on the studio live if that is possible to stop the conflicting command. When you get only two channels input that tells you that the studio live is not communicating well with Auria and is displaying as a stereo device to Auria. Auria recognizes an audio interface and a HUI controller but not both in the same unit. So if you had a Faderport 8 and a presonus audio interface you would have no problem but because both are on the same unit then Auria and Studio Live receive a conflict handshake. So even if you don't want to use the Studio live as a HUI mixer with Auria you can't separate the two in Auria. This would have to be setup in StudioLive to not send HUI or MCU commands to Auria. As far as my research the Studio Live 32 is not recommended for the iPad. I'm sure if you contacted Presonus they will tell you that. I only post technical advice.

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:42 pm

I dont think that is true USB is for the audio interface you have to hook uo the ethernet to get DAW mode as they call it and that carried the HUI MCU. When you hook up just the usb to the computer you only get to use the board as a audio interface. i spoke with them they said it should work it if works with other DAWs on the ipad. They also have there own app called Capture and you can get 32 channels on the ipad