Solo subgroup

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Solo subgroup

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Not sure if this is by design but when you solo a sub group it ignores the tracks that are muted that are fed to that subgroup.

This means that when you solo a group ALL the tracks that are assigned to the group play at once, even if they are muted.

This could be a by design as I'm not familiar with the subgroup protocol but never seems right to me in working practice. If I've told a track it's muted, I don't expect to hear it.

Hope that makes sense.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Solo subgroup

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi Mtingle. I do this all the time and it works for me like this. I have a 4 track project all assigned to buss 1 with every track muted but don't mute the Buss1. Then when I want to hear the track or groups of tracks I simply solo those tracks and only those tracks play through the buss1. Kinda strange way but it works. cheers and hope this helps.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:35 pm

kinda negates the use of that little solo button on the subgroup channel though, no?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:38 pm

mtingle wrote:kinda negates the use of that little solo button on the subgroup channel though, no?
ya

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks for letting me know. It's not designed to work this way. I'll add this to the list to investigate.

Rim