How to access layers or takes

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

davarm

How to access layers or takes

Post by davarm » Mon May 20, 2013 8:11 am

I tried recording in Aria for the first time and notices that every time I recorded a new "take" on the same track, it would increment the file name by one, ex Audio 01-1.wav, Audio 02-2.wav, etc. I can see the previous takes are layered under the latest take if I go to either end of the track and trim inward. I also discovered that I could copy and paste one of the previous takes to another track.

Is there any way to move one of the lower level layers to the top visible layer?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: How to access layers or takes

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon May 20, 2013 8:53 am

You might be seeimg layers because your not deleteing the last take from the arrangement window. To avoid this simply delete the take you just made on that track and record again. Then if you need to re-load a previous take into your project, you just go to IMPORT AUDIO and you have access to all of your takes. A way to avoid this is to record each take on a different track then organize them after. Cheers and hope this helps.

davarm

Post by davarm » Mon May 20, 2013 9:22 am

Yes, that helps a lot. I like the fact that previous takes are available, and I can load and manipulate them as needed.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon May 20, 2013 10:10 am

I make a new track for each take rather than have them all stacked one on top of another.

There's no way I know of to select which region 'is on top'.

davarm

Post by davarm » Mon May 20, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm good either way, but I am glad to see that the previous takes are still available. I'm the type who needs to record 5-6 takes, but typically pull from the final 2 to make my track. If I can pull any of the takes I want onto the work area and start chopping, or permanently delete the ones that will never be used, I am happy.

It would probably serve me better to practice before I record, then maybe I wouldn't need so many takes.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon May 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Rim has mentions he intents to implement a loop recoding function at some point. no details other than that.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Mon May 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Hello what a person can do to "re-layer" the tracks is trim the top one back a bit then tap the underneath one until
highlighted in red then drag onto an adjacent track until you get to the one you want or fan them all onto separate
tracks then undo the trim if necessary.
I don't know if there is a limit to how many tracks can be stacked but another wonderful
feature of Auria is the "undo-redo" buttons in case something gets misaligned or whatever. I like to record
with effects in the monitor layering takes expedites setup for that but too many can get a bit unwieldy.
I've gotten really good at deleting stuff. Best in your quest for your sounds
jp

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 pm

I do the unstacking as described above. New track, drag off, rinse, repeat. I usually have a muted 'clipboard track' to throw stuff on.