How to retrieve lost tracks

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Deacon Daniell

How to retrieve lost tracks

Post by Deacon Daniell » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:21 pm

I recorded 90 minutes of audio on 16 tracks. While the recorded tracks were being processed I unplugged the USB cable and I think that's why I only have 6 tracks showing audio. The session is 18gigs so I think the missing tracks are there but they are not showing in the audio file list or when I load snapshots. Is there a way to retrieve those files? I hope I posted this in the right place, it's my first time on the forum. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: How to retrieve lost tracks

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:31 pm

The only hope in a case like this is if you can find the WAV files. They should be in the same folder as the project itself. To look for these, go to menu, then choose Import Audio File. Find the project folder for your project, and tap on it. Now, look for your missing files in there.

Rim

Deacon Daniell

Post by Deacon Daniell » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 pm

I gave that a try with no luck. They waves are not there. I learned my lesson, I'll have to be carefull not to unplug the interface or shut it off ect. until the process recording function is finished. I

Deacon Daniell

Post by Deacon Daniell » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks for the quick response :D