Pro crashing on MIDI in with Metel Kit

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Alim
Expert

Pro crashing on MIDI in with Metel Kit

Post by Alim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:30 am

I have one MIDI track recorded, I froze that track. Now I'm trying to record drums (Metel Kit) on track two but Auria keeps crashing. This happens when monitoring or recording. Is Metel Kit CPU heavy, or can I try someway to solve this issue? I've tried four different MIDI sequencer all causing the same problem with Metel Kit. So far this only happens with Metel Kit, I haven't downloaded other sample packs.

I have an iPad 4, 4GB free, no FX

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Pro crashing on MIDI in with Metel Kit

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:22 am

I just wanted to make sure I understand what you mean by crashing. Crashing means that Auria quits, and you see the home screen with your icons. Is this what's happening? At what point exactly does it crash? Is it when you press the record button, or some other time?

Rim

Alim
Expert

Re: Pro crashing on MIDI in with Metel Ki

Post by Alim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Rim, if I'm in Auria or if it's running in the background, the audio starts pausing/dropping out.

If I'm looking at Auria the interface sporadically freezes and eventually stops responding. I can't say it has ever closed to the springboard. But after 20-30secs of no audio and the inferface no responding I will close Auria from the iOS app switcher. If Auria is running in the background and I hear the audio dropping out, when I switch back to Auria I will see the Auria splash logo just before Auria begins loading the last project.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Sounds to me like you're running out of CPU resources. The best thing to do is set Auria's CPU meter to MAX CPU, so you can see exactly what your CPU usage is. Then use it for a while. If it ever gets over 100%, you know you're running out of CPU. That's not uncommon on an iPad 4. Other things to do: make sure all your other apps are closed (double tap on the home button and swipe up on all the other apps). Nothing else should be running in the background if you want to minimize CPU usage.

Rim

Alim
Expert

Post by Alim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:00 pm

I had tried restarting my iPad before leaving my original message. :D

I'll do a reinstall of my iOS as I've had troubles with FX that other people say they are not having.

Alim
Expert

Post by Alim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:01 pm

Thanks Rim