I imported 6 tracks of audio (wave) files already BUT.....

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

thebioguy
Expert

I imported 6 tracks of audio (wave) files already BUT.....

Post by thebioguy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:27 pm

When I try to record the 7th track live, the sound cuts out at about 1min, no matter the input source (camera connection, or 1/8 phone jack).

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm stuck!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: I imported 6 tracks of audio (wave) files already BUT...

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:14 pm

This can happen if you imported a corrupt wav file. Try again without the wav files, then try different wav files to try to isolate which one is the corrupted one.

Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:37 pm

No, you misunderstood. My wave files are not cutting out. They are fine. It only happens when I try to record NEW audio on track 7.

BTW, I no longer have the problem, but the fix does not make any sense. All my issues went away by recording my NEW audio on track 8 instead. Moble Pre works and no cut offs.

Any explanations?

Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Sounds very strange to me. Do you still have this project? Will it still happen on track 7 reliably? If so, I'd love to see this project if you could send it to me.

Thanks,
Rim

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:50 pm

I do, but not still at that phase. I've moved on to record 4 more tracks (8, 10, 12, 14). - staying away from odd numbers.
The project is still a work in progress and not yet ready for the big reveal :wink: but here's what I can do.

I can start a new project, exactly like the current one, and get back to the point where I started to have trouble and see if it happens again. If it does, I'll send it.

Thanks for you help.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 am

Yes, that would be very helpful. I can't imagine what would cause your odd numbered tracks to do that.

If you can't get a new project to do it, you could make a copy of your project (using the Copy Project function in the menu), then on the copy, just delete your audio, or replace it with simple "test 123" recordings, then send it to me. As long as it'll demonstrate the issue, it'll be very helpful to me.

Thanks,
Rim